This privacy statement sets out how UniTuition uses and protects any information that you give UniTuition when you use the Site. UniTuition is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the Site, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Any references in this Privacy Statement to “we”, “us” or “UniTuition” refer to UniTuition Limited, while any references to “you” means you personally or the company, person or entity, on whose behalf you are accepting this Privacy Statement.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Acts, UniTuition is the ‘Data Controller’ with company number 558956 of NDRC, Digital Exchange, Crane Street, Dublin 8
If you have any queries about how we use your information or have a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please ensure that you review this Policy Statement from time to time for any update to this Policy Statement as your use of this Site or the Service constitutes your unconditional agreement to any update to this Policy Statement.
2. Gathering and Use of Information
UniTuition collects and stores the information which you give us via forms on the Site (including when you register to use the Site), when communicating with Service Providers or Service Users or when communicating with us by email or in some other way. We also store the content of the messages you send using the message feature on the Site.
We collect this data to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• for internal record keeping;
• so that we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
• so that we may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
UniTuition uses third party services to process payments, and does not directly store your payment information. This payment system is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification.
UniTuition agrees to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the privacy and security of all stored information. Nonetheless, we expressly disclaim any liability for any damage that may result should any information be released to any third parties, and you agree to hold UniTuition harmless for any damages that may result therefrom.
3. What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
• email address;
• telephone number;
• company name (if provided);
• other personal information required to provide the Service; and/or
• how you conduct and manage your account with UniTuition;
We also record information relating to your use of the Site and the Service including but not limited communications made and received by you and the date, duration, time of such communications and the messages sent to and received via the Site.
Furthermore, we may also collect and store certain information automatically when you visit the Site. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), cookie number and your activity on our site, including the pages you visited, the searches you made and, if relevant, the services you purchased.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your registered email address and contact details data for the following;
• to create and maintain accounts;
• to supply the Service;
• to contact you if necessary;
• to inform you of any service related message or of any new services or functionality;
• to provide you with service alerts and other information and messages;
• to alert you if there are any major system changes or changes in Terms & Conditions or Privacy Statement;
• to enforce our Terms & Conditions and ensure adherence to applicable law;
• to bill and collect sums owed to us;
• to provide support and gather customer feedback;
• to protect the rights and safety of UniTuition, our employees, Service Users, Service Providers and the public;
• to meet legal requirements such as complying with court orders;
• to provide information received hereunder to representatives and advisors such as attorneys and accountants to help us comply with legal and other requirements;
• to prosecute and defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding.;
• to benchmark and improve the Site and the Service;
• to transfer your information in the event of the sale of substantially all of the assets of our business to a third-party or in the event of a merger, consolidation or acquisition; and
• to send you information and promotional material that you have opted-in to receive we think may be of interest to you unless you have opted-out of the receipt of such information.
We may also use information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website, using cookies (see cookies section below).
5. Disclosure of Your Information
UniTuition may also transfer your information:
• in the event of the sale of part or all of the assets of our business to a third-party or in the event of a merger, consolidation or acquisition to a new or prospective owners of UniTuition;
• to meet legal requirements such as complying with court orders;
• to provide information received hereunder to representatives and advisors such as attorneys and accountants to help us comply with legal and other requirements; and
• to prosecute and defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding.
6. Protection of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is extremely important to UniTuition. We have put in place suitable administrative, technical and physical measures to ensure that your information is safeguarded from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We and other UniTuition group companies would like to send you information about the products and services we offer which may interest you. You may at any time opt out from receiving marketing information. If you no longer want us to contact you for marketing purposes please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively our postal address is UniTuition Limited, NDRC, Digital Exchange, Crane Street, Dublin 8.
Even though you may have opted out of future information or communications, where it is necessary to contact to you concerning products or services you have requested, you consent to our contacting you at any address provided.
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Site, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. A cookie is a small file/piece of information which is placed on your computer’s hard drive, mobile or other device. Once placed on your computer’s hard drive, mobile or other device, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our site uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve the Site in order to tailor it to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer, mobile, other device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
9. Google Analytics
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
A full list of cookies used by Google Analytics and explanations are available on the Google Code Website.
10. Links to Other Websites
UniTuition’s site may contain “links” to other sites, and whilst we make every effort to only link to sites that share our high standards of decency, you should children check with a parent/guardian or adult before linking to any new sites.
11. Right of Access
You can ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you by contacting UniTuition by email on email@example.com or alternatively our postal address is UniTuition Limited, NDRC, Digital Exchange, Crane Street, Dublin 8. We may charge you an administration fee to cover the cost of carrying out your request. You should include adequate information to identify yourself and, such other relevant information that you may have that will reasonably to assist UniTuition in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 40 days to process.
12. Updating and Correcting Personal Information
Whilst you are a user of the UniTuition Site, UniTuition will acquire and process information about you and your use of the Site. UniTuition will retain this information for the primary purpose for which it was obtained and for other legitimate purposes including, where required by law. You may also ask us to change or delete any information we hold about you and we will make all reasonable efforts to update our records if we feel it is appropriate. Please help us to ensure your personal information is accurate by telling us as soon as reasonably possible in the event of change of address, contact details or other circumstances. If you would like to change any such information please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively our postal address is UniTuition Limited, NDRC, Digital Exchange, Crane Street, Dublin 8.
If at any time you would like to contact us with a complaint or enquiry, you can do so by email on email@example.com or alternatively our postal address is UniTuition Limited, NDRC, Digital Exchange, Crane Street, Dublin 8.
Defined terms used in this Policy Statement shall have the meaning given to them in our Terms & Conditions, a copy of which can be found at www.unituition.com/terms_and_conditions.